The Community Alternative Program for Disabled Adults (CAP/DA) is a Medicaid program designed to give disabled adults (age 18 and over) who are at risk of unwanted nursing facility placement, the option of remaining safely at home with a package of services to complement their current family support. CAP/DA provides in-home aides to assist clients with personal care tasks such as bathing, dressing, walking, toileting, incontinence care and meals. In-Home aides may also perform light housekeeping tasks and help with shopping and errands.
The CAP/DA program is for adults with disabilities who are 18 years of age or older, and who are at risk of institutionalization.
• LEAF Adult day health
• In-Home aide
• Home accessibility and adaptation
• Meals on Wheels
• Respite services
• Personal Emergency Response Services
• Specialized medical equipment and supplies
• Assistive technology
• Case management
• Home Mobility Aids (wheelchair ramps, doorway widening, safety railings, non-skid surfaces, handheld showers and grab bars)
• Nutritional supplements (Ensure, Boost, etc.)
• Incontinence supplies
For more information or to make a referral please contact our CAP department at 336-349-2343.